RVing is a popular way to travel and explore the great outdoors. Whether you’re a full-time RVer or enjoy occasional trips, it’s always interesting to know the latest RV statistics. In this article, we’ll dive into the world of RV statistics, covering everything from RV sales and ownership to economic impact and travel trends. So, let’s get started!
Table of Contents
- Quick Answer
- Quick Tips and Facts
- Monthly RV Shipments
- RV Owner Demographic Profile
- RVs Move America Economic Impact Study
- RV RoadSigns Quarterly Forecast
- Family Vacation Cost Comparison
- Aftermarket RV Parts and Accessories Research
- 2021 Survey of Lenders’ Experiences
- Recommended Links
- Reference Links
RV statistics provide valuable insights into the RV industry, including sales, ownership, economic impact, and travel trends. Here are some key statistics:
- In 2023, there were a total of 238,121 RV shipments in the United States.
- The RV industry had an overall economic impact of $140 billion in 2022, supporting nearly 680,000 jobs.
- RV vacations are often more economical compared to other vacation options, with potential savings of 27% to 62% per day.
- The majority of RV owners are aged 35-54, and the average age of RV owners is 48.
- RV ownership is on the rise, with more people embracing the RV lifestyle for travel and adventure.
Before we dive into the details, here are some quick tips and interesting facts about RV statistics:
- RV shipments are a key indicator of the industry’s health and growth.
- The economic impact of the RV industry extends beyond manufacturing to include campgrounds, dealerships, and related services.
- RV vacations offer the freedom to explore multiple destinations and create lasting memories.
- RV ownership provides a sense of adventure, convenience, and a home away from home.
- The RV industry is constantly evolving, with new models, features, and technologies being introduced regularly.
Now, let’s explore each aspect of RV statistics in more detail.
The RV industry is supported by various organizations and studies that provide valuable insights into the industry’s performance and trends. Some of the key sources of RV statistics include:
- RV Industry Association (RVIA): The RVIA provides detailed monthly shipment reports and quarterly market forecasts that analyze the RV industry’s success, expansion, trends, and economic factors.
- RV Owner Demographic Profile: This study provides insights into RV ownership habits, purchase motivations, travel and usage trends, and specific features and accessories importance across demographic and generational breakouts.
- RVs Move America Economic Impact Study: This study reveals the overall economic impact of the RV industry, including job creation, wages, and contributions to the economy.
- RV RoadSigns Quarterly Forecast: Generated by ITR Economics, this forecast provides economic information, insight, analysis, and strategy with a high forecast accuracy rate.
Now, let’s dive into the specific areas covered by RV statistics.
Monthly RV shipments are a crucial indicator of the industry’s performance and growth. The RVIA provides detailed reports on RV production and shipment statistics, including historical comparisons, production breakdowns by product type, and shipment destinations.
In September 2023 alone, there were 24,700 RV shipments in the United States. This contributed to a total of 238,121 shipments in 2023. These numbers highlight the popularity and demand for RVs among travelers and outdoor enthusiasts.
RV shipments are a positive sign for the industry, indicating a strong market and consumer interest in RV travel and adventure.
Understanding the demographics of RV owners is essential for manufacturers, dealerships, and service providers. The RV Owner Demographic Profile study provides valuable insights into RV ownership habits, purchase motivations, travel and usage trends, and specific features and accessories importance across different demographics and generations.
According to the study, the majority of RV owners fall into the 35-54 age group, with an average age of 48. This suggests that RVing appeals to a wide range of age groups, from young families to empty nesters. RV ownership is not limited to a specific demographic, making it a versatile and inclusive lifestyle choice.
RV ownership offers a sense of freedom, adventure, and the opportunity to create lasting memories for people of all ages.
The RV industry has a significant economic impact, supporting jobs and contributing to the overall economy. The RVs Move America Economic Impact Study reveals the extent of this impact.
In 2022, the RV industry had an overall economic impact of $140 billion, supporting nearly 680,000 jobs and contributing over $48 billion in wages. These numbers highlight the industry’s importance in job creation and economic growth.
The RV industry plays a vital role in the economy, providing employment opportunities and contributing to local communities.
The RV RoadSigns Quarterly Forecast is a valuable resource for understanding the economic outlook and trends in the RV industry. Generated by ITR Economics, this forecast provides forecasting, economic information, insight, analysis, and strategy.
With an overall forecast accuracy of 94.7 percent at one year out, the RV RoadSigns Quarterly Forecast helps industry professionals make informed decisions and plan for the future.
The RV RoadSigns Quarterly Forecast provides valuable insights into the industry’s economic outlook, helping businesses navigate market trends and plan for success.
RV vacations offer a unique and cost-effective way to travel and explore. The Family Vacation Cost Comparison study conducted in 2018 determined that RV vacations are often more economical compared to other vacation options.
According to the study, RV vacations can be 27% to 62% less expensive on a per-day basis compared to other vacation options analyzed. This cost savings can be attributed to factors such as reduced accommodation and dining expenses.
RV vacations provide an affordable and flexible way to travel, allowing families to create memorable experiences without breaking the bank.
Aftermarket RV parts and accessories play a crucial role in enhancing the RVing experience. The Aftermarket RV Parts and Accessories Research provides insights into the buying habits of RVers and their experiences purchasing aftermarket parts and accessories.
This research helps manufacturers and retailers understand consumer preferences, trends, and demands in the aftermarket RV market. It enables them to develop and offer products that meet the needs of RV owners.
Aftermarket RV parts and accessories enhance the functionality, comfort, and personalization of RVs, allowing owners to customize their rigs to suit their preferences.
The 2021 Survey of Lenders’ Experiences details the results of an RV Industry Association nationwide survey of major financial institutions concerning their RV lending portfolios. This survey provides insights into the lending landscape and trends in RV financing.
Understanding the lending experiences and practices of financial institutions helps RV buyers make informed decisions about financing options and enables the industry to adapt to changing market conditions.
The 2021 Survey of Lenders’ Experiences provides valuable information for RV buyers and industry professionals, ensuring access to appropriate financing options.
What is an RV statistics?
RV statistics refer to data and insights related to the RV industry, including sales, ownership, economic impact, and travel trends. These statistics provide valuable information for industry professionals, RV enthusiasts, and researchers.
How are RV sales doing in 2023?
RV sales in 2023 have been strong, with a total of 238,121 RV shipments in the United States. This indicates a healthy market and consumer interest in RV travel and adventure.
What percentage of people own an RV?
The percentage of people who own an RV varies by country and region. In the United States, approximately 11% of households own an RV, according to the RV Industry Association.
Who buys the most RVs?
RV ownership is diverse, with people from various age groups and backgrounds embracing the RV lifestyle. However, the majority of RV owners fall into the 35-54 age group, with an average age of 48.
RV statistics provide valuable insights into the RV industry, including sales, ownership, economic impact, and travel trends. From monthly RV shipments to the economic impact of the industry, these statistics highlight the popularity and importance of RVing.
RV ownership offers a sense of freedom, adventure, and the opportunity to create lasting memories. RV vacations are often more economical compared to other vacation options, making them an attractive choice for families and travelers.
As the RV industry continues to evolve, it’s important to stay informed about the latest statistics and trends. Whether you’re a seasoned RVer or considering joining the RV community, understanding RV statistics can help you make informed decisions and fully enjoy the RV lifestyle.
- RV Brands™ Full-Time RVing
- RV Brands™ Luxury RVs
- RV Brands™ News
- RV Brands™ Fifth Wheel RVs
- 2023 RV Statistics: Everything You Need to Know on RV Ownership, Sales, Manufacturing, Destinations, Cost Savings & More!
- RV Industry Association – Reports & Trends
- RV Industry Association – Monthly Shipment Reports
- RV Industry Association – RV Owner Demographic Profile
- RV Industry Association – RVs Move America Economic Impact Study
- RV Industry Association – RV RoadSigns Quarterly Forecast
- RV Industry Association – Family Vacation Cost Comparison
- RV Industry Association – Aftermarket RV Parts and Accessories Research
- RV Industry Association – 2021 Survey of Lenders’ Experiences